Melissa has worked in a number of commercial roles across FMCG, Banking and Retail, with responsibilities for finance, corporate strategy and customer insights.
With a focus always on the underlying sales drivers, Melissa is passionate about working with stakeholders to link great customer experience to loyalty and business growth.
In 2019, Melissa, alongside Lewers Research, won the ESOMAR Gold Medal for Research Effectiveness. That work utilised an innovative, tech lead approach to connect advertising to transactions for the Coles Supermarkets business. Most recently, Melissa has been working with Coles Liquor on an evolved customer offer and new brand expressions for the Liquorland and Vintage Cellars brands.
Melissa believes that, to best represent the customer, it is imperative to assign a value to better meeting customer needs.
Research is not for information, research is to guide business strategy.
Melissa works with multiple research agencies to understand how customers need to feel to nudge change in their behaviour. Melissa believes that deep customer knowledge is the key to attracting more customers and having them visit more often, and thus drive business growth.
PANELIST- PANEL DISCUSSION: FACING 2030: A CLIENT PERSPECTIVE ON GETTING MATCH FIT
Insights in Australia and globally now exists in a new competitive context, a new world of data, with dynamics such as the growing convergence of qual and quant making us need to rethink who we are, what we do, and how we fit in.
- How do we ensure we evolve to meet the changing needs of our clients?
- How do we ensure we move further up (rather than down) the value chain?
- What are the challenges in doing so, and the capabilities we need?
- If we seize this opportunity to consider these questions, we can thrive. If we ignore these dynamics, we may slowly decline as an industry. Now is the time for a future focus, by thinking and talking about our collective challenges and opportunities, from both a client and agency perspective.
- In 2020 our conference is about looking forward to 2030 to consider how we want and need to show up as an industry.
- How are we going to ensure we are the indispensable custodians of the consumer truth?
Matthew Ferguson , Elyssia Clark, Chris Cramond and Melissa Pellegrini.