FACING 2030 OPENING SESSION CLIENT PANEL
Conference Co-Chairs – Chris Crook & Lisa Lewers
CEO – Elissa Molloy
We are at a time when we can take the best of the past, and combine that with the human skills we bring in understanding people, and look to the future by making the most of new technologies and data sources that are more available today than ever before.
12:10 Keynote Kieran Flanagan
In an impressive career, she has lead multi-national accounts across multidisciplinary departments and businesses working at McCann, Smart, Kindred and VCD (a team she helped found and build into the agency of the year in her first three years in the industry). In that time, Kieran also directed the Strategic and Creative team behind the most successful new product launch in Australian history, won awards around the world for creativity and effectiveness, spent three years running Australia’s premier creative school, AWARD, and coauthored ‘Shift’ with her business partner Dan Gregory.
She is currently the co-founder and Chief Creative Officer at research, training and innovation think tank, The Impossible Institute, teaching and lecturing at The Miami Ad School and has spoken to audiences as diverse as the UN in Singapore (as part of a group working to end human trafficking), sales teams for Coca Cola, leadership forums and education summits. All while producing work for markets as far flung as the United States, Russia, SE Asia, Europe, Oceania and TEDx Sydney.
Kieran is a passionate advocate for the commercial power of creativity and a return to more human engagement, cultures and leadership.
Presentation: Forever Skills
We are living in times of crazy amounts of change and it’s easy to panic, feel overwhelmed or just plain over it. Yet, change isn’t going away, in fact it’s speeding up. This means we as an industry, teams and individuals we need to get better at navigating change and seeing the opportunities it offers us.
We can begin doing this by seeing change form more than one point of view. Sure there’s a lot changing in our industry, but what won’t change? What skills do we need right now? What will be crucial to our success tomorrow and what has always mattered throughout history?
In this fun and thought provoking presentation Kieran Flanagan will share with you the 12 Forever Skills. What they are, why we all need them, how to develop them in ourselves and in our teams and why they will matter to our industry forever.
12:45 Facing 2030: A Client Perspective on Getting Match Fit
Insights in Australia and globally now exists in a new competitive context, a new world of data, with dynamics such as the growing convergence of qual and quant making us need to rethink who we are, what we do, and how we fit in.
- How do we ensure we evolve to meet the changing needs of our clients?
- How do we ensure we move further up (rather than down) the value chain?
- What are the challenges in doing so, and the capabilities we need?
- If we seize this opportunity to consider these questions, we can thrive. If we ignore these dynamics, we may slowly decline as an industry. Now is the time for a future focus, by thinking and talking about our collective challenges and opportunities, from both a client and agency perspective.
- In 2020 our conference is about looking forward to 2030 to consider how we want and need to show up as an industry.
- How are we going to ensure we are the indispensable custodians of the consumer truth?