Join us in the plenary to start off day 2 with a big bang.
In the context of the world we are now living in eg ‘fake news’, declining trust in our politicians and media, the power of social media and social media as a source of news, mixed polling success etc, a panel of heavy hitters will be discussing themes such as:
- Do facts matter anymore? What role do they have to play in persuading people?
- How do we need to deliver/communicate them in this new world?
- How do we need to tell stories to drive change and to influence?
- How can market research companies/industry help with that? How do we need to evolve what we do?
- What is the role of rigour in research/data/facts? Versus speed and cost?
- Is there a role for more qualitative research? Would we have predicted Trump or Brexit if we’d gone beyond polling and data?
Rebecca Huntley Director of Research, Essential Media / UMR / Arc Public Australia,
- Farai Chideya (US Journalist)
- Darren Goodsir (EX Editor in Chief SMH)
- Christina Jenkins (TWITTER)
- Paul Oosting (GETUP)
- David Briggs (GALAXY)